A kind mind week dinner to warm the heart and satisfy the hunger
Will set you up for a good nights sleep:
Ingredients: Serves 2 adults:
200g full corn / raw rice
800ml boiling water
500g sweet potato
200g rinsed spinach
2 cloves of garlic (optional)
400g black beans
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tblsp Tahini (salted)
2 tblsp virgin olive oil
1 tsp Shoyu or Tamari
2 tbls Tahini
1/2-1 tbls water depending on consistency
3 tbls virgin olive oil
What to do:
- Follow the instructions on the packet to cook the rice – will take approx. 40-50minutes. Be sure to simmer with the lid on the saucepan and avoid stirring the rice before it is ready. You can dip a spoon in the middle to check if the last part of the water has been absorbed. Once cooked, stir in 1/2 of the lemon juice
- During this time, wash and peel the sweet potato. Chop into chunks and steam for about 35minutes. Needs to be ultra soft so that you can mash it easily with a large fork.
- Crush some of the garlic and mash it up with the sweet potato, adding a tablespoon of tahini and the rest of the lemon juice. Mash and mix thoroughly. If you are not a garlic fan, sprinkle some mixed herbs in the mash instead.
- Rinse the black beans and shake them dry. Place in a pan together with a little more garlic (optional) and sauté together with the spinach and the shoyu/tamari. This only takes a few minutes – you know it is ready when the spinach has wilted and the beans are warm.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a jar
- Place the Rice, Sweet Potatoe mash, Sautéd beans compote in to a bowl and cover with the dressing. Remembering to share between 2 people! Enjoy!