Vegan Nog Christmas Smoothie
You really can enjoy this smoothie any time of the day any day of the Christmas break! Works great for an energised breakfast; a pick me up after a long days work; recovery drink after a work out or a Cheers with you friends and family.
Multipurpose Christmas Treat!
- 1/2 cup Organic Cashews (soaked 3-4 hours; rinsed with filtered water)
- 1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
- 11/2-2 cups of filtered water depending on the consistency you enjoy
- 2 Frozen Bananas (chop them up before putting in the freezer so as not to give your Vitamix too much work to do!)
- 1 large Medjool Date (soak for 20mins if hard)
- 2 Tbls Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Add a drop of Baileys if you want extra Christmas Cheer with friends and family
What to do:
- Be sure to rinse the cashews well
- Place all the ingredients in a Vitamix (Food Processor with strong blades) and mix on a low speed, gradually increasing to a short pulse at a higher speed. Check for taste and consistency, then mix again on a medium speed. You can always add ice to adjust the thickness and for a colder fresher taste.
- Add the optional Baileys as you wish, stir with a wooden spoon. Pour into the glasses.
- Sprinkle with grated cinnamon / nutmeg / cacao nibs.